Black Friday or Holiday Madness

Friday, November 23, 2012

From Free Digital Photos
Is it worth rushing out to the store to take advantage of Black Friday sales? Before the sales and deals, start become annoying and even before all the holiday madness; I like to ask myself a couple of questions:

1. Who do I need to get presents for? Some family members or friends we don't exchange gifts with or don't need anything so I make a mental or write a list of who to give gifts for.

2. What would the person that I am getting a gift for need or want? I try to be thoughtful on my gift giving. Sometimes it can be really hard especially the person who has everything.

3. What would the person I am getting a gift for appreciate? I know from experience that socks for a family member might not be appreciated whereas a favorite move or homemade scarf would be more receptive.

Instead of rushing out the store to buy gifts or buying stuff that is just on sale, think more carefully about the person. The cost of presents or Christmas doesn't seem as important as the meaning behind the gift and I get more excited about gift giving when I've put thought into it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs