Getting in Shape for a 5K

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

It's been a while since I've ran for exercise...finding the time with a new baby can be difficult. Despite it being a while since I've ran, I signed up to do a 5k that our local Young Women's group (youth group) for our church is hosting. It seemed like a good cause and it was fairly reasonable so I signed up for the race, which is in about a month. I am not so sure that was the smartest of ideas, but I am going to start running three days a week to get in shape.

Last night when I was running, I realized how out of shape I am. My husband and I treked down to the work out center together with our baby. It wasn't so long until the baby started crying and my husband took him home so I could run. My husband is so good to me! I ran for about 10 minutes: my legs felt sore and I felt slow and sluggish. Despite feeling slow and sluggish, I am going to keep at it and gradually increase how long I run each time I workout until I am able to run 30-40 min solidly. Even though it may be hard, you have to keep trying to be better or you'll never accomplish anything.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs