How to Get Rid of Things

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

As people, we tend to accumulate things/stuff over the years. Some of the stuff we use and some of the stuff we don't. The stuff we don't use tends to add more space in the hopes that we will use it, holds some sentimental meaning or we just don't think about getting rid of it. Every few months, I like to take a look around my dwelling and decide what can I live without? Then I haul away the stuff and get rid of it. I suggest you do the same. It's easier to clean and organize your things if you have the stuff you need and want rather then a whole bunch of stuff that you don't really need. I usually donate or sell the items that I don't need. Here's some ideas for you:

  • Garage Sales: My last garage sale wasn't very successful. The more furniture and bigger ticket items that you have - the more successful your garage sale.
  • Consignment Stores: Consignment stores sell unwanted items for you and give you a percentage of the sale. 
  • Craig's List
  • Ebay
  • Sell unwanted books: Sell unwanted books at Half Price Books, Text Book R US, or Amazon.com.
  • Sell unwanted DVDs at Half Price Books or FYE.
  • Thred up: Thred up is an online consignment store that sends you a pre-paid postage bag that you can fill with quality women's and children's clothing that you no longer want. They will give a percentage of what they make off the items.
  • Goodwill: Goodwill is my usual go-to. I go there with bags of stuff and get a nice receipt for tax time.
  • Salvation Army
  • Local Woman's Shelter: The local woman's shelter will often take used clothing and items. 
  • AM Vets: My parents use Am Vets all of the time. They schedule a pick up with AM Vets and tell them where the donated items will be located and they will come and pick them up for them. Pretty easy and convenient.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs