1. For long car rides, we pick up young kid friendly books on tape. I don't have to worry about my kids having too much screen time, it entertains them and helps with their listening skills. Some of our favorite books on tape have been:
2. Whether you are traveling in a car, bus, train or airplane, it's always helpful to have snacks and water on hand for kids. It's hard to travel when you're thirsty and hungry. I like things that don't get too messy traveling like:
- Applesauce Pouches
- Goldfish Crackers
- Grapes (if your kids are old enough to eat them or preslice them)
- Pre-sliced and peeled Cucumbers
- Pre-sliced Peppers
3. We also like to have travel friendly toys like:
- Magnetic drawing board
- Mr. Potato head
- Melissa and Doug "On-the-Go" Activities
4. We also like to bring thin-paperback books for kids. The paperback books are easier to pack than board books. My kids like to listen to the stories on an airplane or flip through the pictures when they're on a road trip. We usually have a few Curious George books and some other fun books to read.
5. When our kids are restless traveling in the car, we sometimes sing fun kids songs. They like fun songs with actions: "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes," "Old MacDonald had a Farm" and "The Wheels on the Bus."
What are some of your fun tips?
Please note that this post contains affiliate links.