Grillin' Experience

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

From http://www.freedigitalphotos.net
For my birthday, my parents got me a grill. I was so excited that the next day, my fiance, Jim and I decided to grill chicken and potatoes. The only problem was that we didn't have any lighter fluid. For the first attempt, we found paper and layered the paper in-between bits of charcoal. After using several matches, I ran and got lint from the dryer and we stuck lint in-between the paper and charcoal. That didn't work either. Then Jim decided that we should get bits of wood to build a mini-fire in the grill and use that to start the charcoals. It worked like a charm. The next time we grilled we got lighter fluid, but the mini-fire worked the best.

The grilled chicken turned out great. I started putting bread crumbs on the chicken, but then I ran out of bread crumbs and used crumbled Cheez-Its, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning to season the chicken. The potatoes also turned out really yummy. We sliced up potatoes, dipped them in oil and sprinkled salt on them. We also heated up some frozen green beans in the microwave. Since then we've grilled hot dogs and hamburgers. Grills are so much fun!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs