Finding a Job

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Okay, so you're out of work. We've all been there. I've noticed among the people I know that there are a couple of fundamentals that are missing that I've learned from my parents. No matter if you're just going to pick up or drop off a resume (and especially an interview) wear business wear. Yes, business wear. I mean a shirt and tie for gentlemen and suit or nice dress top and pants for ladies. My brother walked into ask for a job application at a gas station all dressed up and right away he got the job. I've done it for restaurants and retail stores too. First impression is a key step. It shows that you are serious about the job and will be professional. Another huge step that people forget is to write a thank you card after the interview. A hand written thank you card goes a long way.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs