Mr. McGregor's Garden

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yesterday, I felt like Mr. McGregor in the famous Beatrix Potter Books. A rabbit had crawled under my mesh fencing and was about to attack my vegetables. I chased him out and then did a search around my house to find something to stake the bottom part of the fencing down. The only thing I could find was a can of nails that I had removed from my basement walls. I found a hammer and nailed the bottom of the fence down. My fiance happened to arrive when I was about half way through and thought it was interesting that I was hammering nails into the ground, but at least the rabbits can't get to my vegetables! Maybe next year I will build a Peregrine Falcon house at the top of my garage....

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs