Privacy vs. Blogging

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I've noticed that a bloggers share a lot of intimate details about their lives, their marriages and their families. Although, a lot of the stories are touching and you can learn from their choices and trials. I wonder is it too much sharing? Family relationships and some trials are a little too personal for me to share online or even much less talk to with friends and family. With all the new technology, it seems like the world is all about sharing and exposing. I think it's important to have some privacy with your family and spouse. The privacy helps eliminate anyone stepping in to private conflicts, relationships or thoughts. I also think that privacy helps you to grow and develop more on your own, you're not dependent on others opinions or thoughts. Sharing can be great, but I think it's important to carefully evaluate what you share by asking yourself these questions:

1. Can my post effect my career or someone else's?
2. Can my post hurt a family member or cause them embarrassment?
3. Can my post hurt my relationship with my spouse, strain it, or cause them embarrassment?
4. Will my post cause contention in any way?
5. If someone was to ask me a question about my post, would I be comfortable answering it?
5. If someone was to ask someone mentioned in the post a quesiton about my post, would it make them uncomfortable or embarrassed?

I am sure there are many more questions that you can ask yourself, but I would suggest to be wary of posting anything that you wouldn't want a response too.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs