Repurposing Destruction

Thursday, November 13, 2014

This morning as I was reassembling my baby's old car seat after cleaning it, my son found the wipes and decided to start yanking them out of the container. By the time I noticed what was happening, he had 10-15 wipes out. I was a little frustrated, but I realized that I could choose to get mad or just explain to him that isn't something that we do with wipes.Instead of throwing the wipes away, we used them to wipe off his books for dust and any other guck that might have gotten on them. It's easy to just throw things away, but why not re-purpose a destructive moment for something constructive? I also could have stuffed the wipes back in the container, but that didn't seem sanitary.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs