How to Begin Couponing

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

The first time I really decided to really utilize coupons was after watching "Extreme Couponing." I was amazed at how much people saved and were able to provide for themselves through couponing. I have never been able to buy a grocery cart of groceries for free, but I've been able to get toiletries, some food, and other items here and there by couponing. Here are some tips on how to begin extreme couponing:

1. Pick a Store - When you first start out extreme couponing, I would begin with one store. I would pick a nationally recognized store to begin with like Rite Aid, CVS, Target, Walmart, etc.

2. Once you pick a store, pick a blogger that publishes weekly guides based on sales. The top bloggers that I know of for publishing weekly guides are Hip2Save and Krazy Coupon Lady. I usually use Hip2Save, but I know other people who prefer Krazy Coupon Lady. The weekly guides will tell you what's on sale for that week and which coupons to use to get the deals. Hip2Save usually publishes guides to Target, CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid mid-Saturday. If your a first-timer, stick with one store so you don't get overwhelmed.

3. After you pick a blogger and store, scan the weekly guide and see if you can find anything that appeals to your needs.

4. Gather any coupons that apply to the deal and make a list of what the exact item is, the coupons needed, and the price you expect to pay in the end. Print out any coupons needed and clip them to your list.

If your nervous about trying to coupon, ask a friend to go with you and if the deal doesn't work out how you expected it to. You can always return the item. Couponing can be hard to get used to, but it saves money in the end and I think it's well worth the effort. Once you get used to it, you can start scanning local ads and learning how to find extreme deals!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs