How to Do an Easy Minnie Mouse Cake

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

My daughter loves Minnie Mouse. She loves pointing out Minnie Mouse whenever she see's her at the store, which is surprisingly a lot. Minnie's on diaper boxes, food packaging, clothing, personal care items and more. I wanted to make her a Minnie Mouse cake for her 2nd birthday. I was surprised at how complicated some of the ideas on Pinterest were - cutting shapes out of fondant, making the whole cake mouse shaped and etc. I am a simple-moderate baker and most of those ideas seemed too complicated to me. How would I store a mouse shaped cake? And I've never worked with fondant before. I decided to make things simple and made a simple stacked round cake. I bought black and pink gel. I used the black gel to make Minnie's head and used the pink gel to make her bow. My daughter loved it and it wasn't too time consuming. Sometimes simple works just fine.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs