Dealing with Morning Sickness

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I've had some pretty rough days during my pregnancy with morning sickness. I always thought
From FreeDigitalPhotos.net
pregnancy would be easy, but it's not that easy. I've also learned that if you're throwing up a lot that the doctor has prescription medicine to help with the nausea. Here are some other things that I've found helpful:
  • Lemonade: Homemade sugar free lemonade helps with nausea and sometimes is a little easier to drink than water. You can also add lemons to water to help with the nausea.
  • Ginger Candies: Ginger Candies were a hit or miss with me. Sometimes they helped a lot and other times they made the nausea worse. You can get these at World Market or through Amazon.
  • Hard Candies or Mints: Sugar free hard candies or mints help with nausea and often don't make things worse. I am not sure why, but sucking on candies help greatly.
  • Eating Crackers before getting out of bed: This didn't really help me, but I've heard of it helping other people.
  • Diet Ginger Ale: Ginger Ale helps with nausea some too.
  • Vitamin B6
 I would also suggest talking to your doctor about his/her ideas on what can help. Baby Center also has some different ideas especially since what worked for me, might not work for you.

* Please note that I am not a medical doctor and it is always best to consult with a medical practitioner.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs