Things to Do in Boise: Peppermint Park

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

I took my son to Peppermint Park located at 11855 W Peppermint Dr in Boise, Idaho. My son enjoyed the park. There was a little school bus to climb on, slides, swings. There was also a scavenger hunt that the kids could do and "music" machines that make sound. My son had a good time playing there.

The only downsides of Peppermint Park are the parking, the rubber tiles, and metal slats on the bigger slides. We went when it was fairly warm outside and the rubber tiles seemed to make the playground feel warmer. I also didn't like that the parking closest to the playground was on the street. We parked further away in the parking lot. My son got tired of walking and I had to carry him. We went on the bigger slides and my son enjoyed it, but there were these metal tubes that you slid on top of as you slid down. It felt a little weird. I overheard some kids saying that the metal tubes made you slide down faster. I am not sure if that's true, but that's the scuttlebutt on the playground.

Overall, I think Peppermint Park has its upsides and downsides. I think it would be more enjoyable on a cooler day. While we were there, I noticed that Peppermint Park had some good size fields and a really nice tennis court.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs