Books to Read with your Kids

Friday, July 1, 2011

If you're like me the kids section of library can be daunting. I don't have kids, but I do have a lot of nannying experience and took the kids to the library a lot and I read books to a girl with MRDD at Hattie Larlhams. Here are some suggestions I have for fun books to read with your kids over the summer. Remember reading with them helps them want to read, increases their desire to learn and helps them in school.
  • Olivia by Ian Falconer
  • Olivia Forms a Band by Ian Falconer
  • Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBrantney
  • You're all My Favorites by Sam McBrantney
  • Click, Clack, Moo by Doreen Cronin
  • Dooby, Dooby, Moo by Doreen Cronin
  • The Very Hungry Catapillar by Eric Carle
  • Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Williams
  • Brown Bear, Brown Bear what do you See? by Eric Carle
  • The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister Herbert
  • If you give series.... by Laura Numeroff
  • Pigsty by Mark Teague
  • Lost and Found by Mark Teague
  • The Secret Shortcut by Mark Teague
  • Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
  • How do Dinosaurs say I love you? by Jane Yolan
  • Corduroy by Don Freeman
  • The Mitten by Jan Brett
Here are some reason why you should read to your kids:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs