Trying New Foods and Changing Taste Buds

Thursday, July 7, 2011

From http://www.freedigitalphotos.net
When I was growing up my parents encouraged us to try new foods because otherwise you never know if you're going to like it or not. Just because it might sound gross (like sushi) doesn't mean that it is. They also encouraged me to eat what I was given and they wouldn't make three different meals for each of their kids. Since they stood strong on that statement neither of my brothers and I are picky eaters. Sure there were times when we would sit at the table complaining about having to eat what was given to us, but my mom always said as you get older your taste buds change. I found that to be true since the brussell sprouts that I hated as a kid, I now enjoy. I also enjoy new and different foods that may seem weird like calamari and sushi rolls. Go ahead and try something new!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs